Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reflections on being thankful

It's funny that only one year ago I was in a situation - in Virginia, the holidays approaching along with winter, the temps and snow as proof. This year I am in New Mexico with the holidays approaching and winter in full bloom, or so it seems. It isn't the official start of winter yet but I guess "old man winter" decided to get a head start. This weekend brought the first snow storm of the winter in New Mexico. It was 4 days of approximately 4-5 inches of snow. It is a "Winter wonderland" with beautiful powdery snow everywhere the eye can see. Temperatures are ranging anywhere from 20's to 30's with wind chills in the teens. Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday and I am truly thankful for the incredible blessings that have come my way. I have decided that this year I will be thankful for the snow and even more thankful that I am prepared for it with warm clothes and shelter. I am thankful for being here in New Mexico and the amazing opportunities that have come my way. I am also grateful for the opportunity to travel this week to see my family and friends. My feelings of gratitude and thankfulness are ongoing, not limited to once a year. Not for the big things only, but for the small things as well. That is the way it should be. Being thankful and grateful is a choice. Choose to be thankful instead of regretful today and everyday. That's what I think! What do you think? What are you grateful for today and everyday? Ruthy

No comments: