Thursday, April 25, 2013

What have YOU learned?

As another school year wraps up it's the end of the semester once again. Time for final exams, final projects and program assessments for students and professors. In my classes I like to do final projects that essentially ask the students what they've learned about topics such as Stress Management and Personal Wellness. It blows me away to see some of the presentations that students submit with their personal stash of tools and strategies that they compile from the information in the class. Why? Because there are times when I question whether my efforts are effective but then the day for the final project presentations arrives and I am pleasantly surprised. So what have I learned? I've learned that once again, my work is important and appreciated. Most importantly I've learned the significance of staying the course, believing in what I do, reinforcing my mission and living my dream even on those days when it seems like the message is not valued. So what have you learned?

No comments: